Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Peranakan Museum

Lured by the free admission to the Peranaka Museum last weekend, I suggested to my kids' dad that we bring the kids to the museum. It was my first visit to a museum in Singapore (my very first visit to the museum was to the fabulous Lourve Museum in Paris).

The museum also had a display of 35 best preserved scupltures from Qingzhou Dynasty, supposedly one of the most stunning recent archaelogical discoveries in China. The pieces displayed are that of Buddha sculptures, a number had some parts chipped off.

The rest of the artefacts displayed are about the Peranakan culture. As a big fan of the local drama serials, 'Little Nonya', I was able to relate to some of the items displayed, such as those for wedding. It was indeed an eye-opener for us. My kids have enjoyed themselves too as there were some workshops for the kids.

No comments: